[News] Almost 1 in 4 Europeans Uses Firefox

Close to 25% of Use Rate in Europe for Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| From 19.4% in the week of April 8 to 14, 2006, Firefox' use rate in
| Europe increased to 24.1% in the week of March 5 to 11, 2007
`----

http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/browsers-barometer/firefox-march-2007/index-1-2-3-77.html
http://tinyurl.com/2p4zv4

Technically, it's possible that Firefox users just suft the Web more, in
general.

Related:

Basing the Design of History on the User's Memory

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been talking with Justin Dolske about possibly prototyping some
| of these ideas, so perhaps an extension will be featured on labs
| sometime in the future.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007/01/13/basing-the-design-of-history-on-the-users-memory/
http://tinyurl.com/y8jjhk

Firefox 3 Alpha 1, The First Taste Of The Next Generation Of Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Project code name "Gran Paradiso", is the version 3 of the popular
| mozilla browser Firefox 3. The new generation of the Firefox
| browser introduces several new features which can be tested
| in the first alpha 1.
`----

http://firefox.phpmagazine.net/2006/12/firefox_3_alpha_1_the_first_ta.html

Firefox 3.0 launch scheduled for Q3/Q4 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Mozilla, Firefox 3.0 could be released in Q3 or Q4
| of this year, with Firefox 4.0 following in 2008.
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/12/firefox_30/

Firefox crosses the 23% frontier in Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| Shifting from 19.4% for the week of the 8th to the 14th of April
| 2006, Firefox user share rose to 23.2% in the week from November 20th to
| November 26th 2006...
`----

http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-US/Technicals/index-1-2-3-68.html

Mozilla Does Microformats: Firefox 3 as Information Broker

,----[ Quote ]
| If Mozilla proceeds with this goal for Firefox 3 to be a broker
| of information, then that will significantly raise the stakes in
| the browser war again. Microsoft will surely follow and the
| smaller browsers will innovate around microformats to keep ahead.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/mozilla_does_microformats_firefox3.php

Firefox (on a development branch) passing the Acid2 test

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a build of Firefox on the reflow branch, a development branch
| on which I'm making major changes to the way Gecko does intrinsic
| width computation and incremental layout, showing the Acid2 test
| being passed.
`----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbaron/126886608/

Planned features for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| In today's Firefox 3 (code name Gran Paradiso) meeting, developers
| released a preliminary list of requirements for Firefox 3. The new
| target release date is sometime in the third quarter this year.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/01/planned-features-for-firefox-3/

Despite 100 Million IE 7 Installs, Microsoft's Browser Still Loses Ground

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196901142