Re: Visio file format policy ..

  • Subject: Re: Visio file format policy ..
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:32:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Thursday 12 April 2007 17:20 \__

> On Apr 12, 10:17 am, "Doug Mentohl" <doug_ment...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

In a talk in Denmark, Bob Sotur explained how ridiculous it is to have a
single company controlling the standard, but it's surprising that a few
people out there still do not mind this. Needless to say, to them, there's
only one suite of applications in the world. It doesn't matter how much it
costs, how many back doors it creates on one's PC, how stable/limiting it
is, and whether it enables you to access your work a few years down the
line.

Many people think that Office formats (.xls, .doc, etc) _ARE_ a standard.
They don't know what standards mean and they need to be educated, politely
and patiently.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
Mem:    514480k total,   499524k used,    14956k free,     4768k buffers