Re: [News] Office 2007 Crashes Are a Feature, Says Microsoft

> Microsoft: Word 2007 crashes are a feature, not bug
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Crashes in Microsoft Word 2007 are designed to improve security,
> | says Microsoft
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;377659799

It's pretty funny to see them spinning this one.  Sure, the crash may be
a good thing:

   Crashing means you made a mistake, bad programmer, no biscuit," said
   LeBlanc in an MSDN blog. "However, crashing may be the lesser of the
   evils in many places. The theory is that it is better to crash, at
   least with client apps, than it is to be running the bad guy's shell
   code."

 But there is what is funny, and it comes in the very next paragraph:

   Office 2007 uses this strategy, said LeBlanc, ...

In other words, BAD PROGRAMMING is equated to a STRATEGY.

So now we know why Microsoft code is generally so buggy -- it's a grand
strategy to prevent you from using your apps to bad purpose.

Yeesh.

--
   "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."  -- The Firesign Theatre