Re: [News] Windows XP to be retired in 2008

>And yet they intend to issue SP3 some time in 2008. It's probably about
>giving people all the 'features' they do not want (Vista was proven to offer
>no security). More food for thought: what societary do we live in? Almost
>100% of the computers might be sold with something that only 14% of the
>population actually wants. But Dell will offer Linux and H-P may soon follow
>suit.
>
>Yes! These are good times for Linux...

SP3 for XP should have been done a year ago.  Instead, they wasted
resources coding a whole bunch of junk  into Vista that most users
don't need or want.

Reminds me the U.S. car industry and how much crap the customers put
up with until one day Toyota and Datsun came along and redefined
automotive production.