Re: [News] Rumour: Gates to Leave Planet Earth

__/ [ Geico Caveman ] on Thursday 12 April 2007 07:57 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Gates to become richest man in space?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | In an interview broadcast from the ISS, Fyodor Yurchikhin repeated
>> | the assertions of current space tourist and former Gates co-worker
>> | Charles Simonyi that Mr. Microsoft himself "is also preparing to
>> | visit space," although Space Adventures -- which organizes these
>> | indulgent expeditions -- says that it has had no contact with Sir
>> | Bill so far.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/11/gates-to-become-richest-man-in-space/
>>

>> Maybe he'll get a contract with the aliens before they move to
>> GNU/Linux...
>
> No. I think he will make sure that the people who launch him are using
> GNU/Linux or *BSD for their critical systems. After all, he would not want
> some minor Vista bug to make his trip a one way trip.

Bill Gates: "OS/2 is the Way of the Future!"

Source:
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/media/1989%20Bill%20Gates%20Talk%20on%20Microsoft.html

,----[ Quote ]
| [Steve Ballmer:] "I think we need to think very carefully about how
| much we want Windows to compete with OS/2 in the OEM channel and
| for ISV's attention. The strains that show in our strategy now are
| temporary, and should not allow us to lose sight of the goal of
| making OS/2 the next generation operating system as quickly as possible"
`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/0000/PX00031.pdf

There's also an old video on YouTube, in which Gates says the Macintosh is
the best (or something along those lines).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
         run-level 5  Mar 11 15:57                   last=S