Re: The Cost of Microsoft Partnerships Drives People to Open Source

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Another convert?
>
> Adventures with *nix OS's
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | But that's all I have for now... I'm going to go and carry my
> | creation through to the spare room to introduce it to my Windows
> | desktop, and to plug the monitor from the windows PC into the
> | Linux PC so that I can carry on my journey into the world of
> | Ubuntu. (Hopefully my next post will be from the Ubuntu PC)
> `----
>
> http://digitaltinder.com/blog/archive/2007/04/11/3158.aspx

Well, I can say this post is from Ubuntu, Edubuntu to be exact.  I am
impressed, they did a really good job with Gnome and selections on
this one.  It should be suitable for the wife who teaches and my
teenage child.

I'll be spending more time in this one.  For a "free" OS, it is really
a fun one.

Previously, I was a "dyed in wool" fan of KDE, but this particular
distro of Ubuntu did a really nice implementation of Gnome.

--
HPT