[News] New Release of GNOME (2.18.1) and Another Look at KDE 4

GNOME 2.18.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest release of GNOME is here: GNOME 2.18.1! This is the first
| release in a series of point releases for the 2.18 branch.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/apr/11/gnome_2_18_1_released

The Road to KDE 4: Strigi and File Information Extraction

,----[ Quote ]
| After a short delay due to a heavy dosage of Real Life(tm), I return to
| bring you more on the technologies behind KDE 4. This week I am
| featuring Strigi, an information extraction subsystem that is being fully
| deployed for KDE 4.0. KDE has previously had the ability to extract
| information about files of various types, and has used them in a variety of
| functional contexts, such as the Properties Dialog. Strigi promises many
| improvements over the existing versions.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1176310483/

Sounds like innovation. How long before the rivals copy it?

        http://www.gridter.com/articles/software_cycle.html