Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Choose Vista, Reduce Productivity (was: [News] Choose Vista, Reduce Productivity)

  • Subject: Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Choose Vista, Reduce Productivity (was: [News] Choose Vista, Reduce Productivity)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:45:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ AB ] on Tuesday 10 April 2007 16:44 \__

> On 2007-04-10, chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> Erik Funkenbusch trolled:
>>
>>>Since the "Defend Roy at all costs, no matter how much he lies" or the
>>>"Object to anything Erik says no matter if he is right or not" patrols
>>>will quickly come to Roy's defense
>>
>> Poor Erik.  Feeling bad because everyone just tears you a new one
>> whenever you lie?
>
> I don't see the lie. I saw what Erik wrote. But the title I see that he
> changed appears to be accurate to me. Using Vista to defrag slows down
> everything. That would include productivity. In fact, it's a factor of
> 10x longer on Vista ON AN ALREADY-DEFRAGGED DRIVE than using their
> program, which did the defragging that Vista took 10x longer to do.
>
> Now I'm no math genius. But if something takes 10x longer to do than
> something else that's similar or the same, couldn't that extra delay be
> expected to have somehwat of a negative effect on productivity?

Look at the OP. He conveniently (and probably deliberately) snipped out what
actually justifies the subject line (there are 2 items, not just one). He's
quote mining.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
Tasks: 127 total,   1 running, 120 sleeping,   0 stopped,   6 zombie