Re: the Future of the Linux Desktop ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Tuesday 10 April 2007 20:45 \__

> 'The goal is to get Linux to the point where older people can use it.
> Oddly enough, we are pretty much there. For simple and basic computing
> tasks (think internet appliance) there is no reason why Linux isn't
> appropriate'

http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2007/04/editorial-the-future-of-the-linux-desktop/

Good points made in the Conclusions section. Linux is ready to be the desktop
of the future. People just need to be aware of this and inevitably it'll
happen. Even Wall Street folks with pointy hair are beginning to realise
this.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<
Tasks: 127 total,   1 running, 120 sleeping,   0 stopped,   6 zombie