Re: What does a newcomer learn in this news group?

__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 30 April 2007 12:35 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Jan belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> I wish you all well and hope that all these clever people that write in
>> this group will start discussions that show the qualities of Linux
>> instead of the failures of Windows or the vices of Microsoft.
>
> So why don't you start the discussion?
>
> Or are you a one-hit wonder?

His concerns are very valid and he even raised them last week. All I can tell
Erik Jan is that the newsgroup used to be far more chaotic and its current
nature seems to be a repellent to those who come here to curse, to defame,
and to spread anti-Linux FUD. It seems evident that the level of abuse here
has gone down, which if anything, is /good/ news to Linux advocacy as a
whole. This newsgroup was never a tool for advocating Linux (I have only
been here since 2005). Look at the archives and see what I mean...

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication
Swap:  1036184k total,   228148k used,   808036k free,    65812k cached