[News] Ubuntu on PS3 -- So Easy a Caveman Could Do It (Video); 3D Motion Detection

Ubuntu Onto My PS3

,----[ Quote ]
| I was in the mood to mess with my PS3 last night and after reading a
| post over at ThreeSpeech about a PS3-ready release of Ubuntu, I took
| a shot at the install.
`----

http://www.aeropause.com/archives/2007/04/ubuntu_onto_my.php

Millions more on the way.

Using the PlayStation 3 controller in Bluetooth mode with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The six-degrees-of-freedom mechanical arrangement in the video is
| known as a "parallel manipulator" or "parallel kinematic chains".
| The six R/C servos are connected to a Gumstix board with built-in
| Bluetooth module. Inertial measurements from the SIXAXIS are
| received through a raw PF_BLUETOOTH socket (not through the
| joystick API, due to HID descriptor issues). Heuristics
| explicitly discriminate between two types of motion (rotation
| or translation).
`----

http://www.pabr.org/sixlinux/sixlinux.en.html

The innovation resides in the Linux world.

Related:

Sony consoles will continue to rule over Microsoft: report

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/11424/532/1/0/

http://www.cbronline.com/article_researchwire.asp?guid=76EE3846-05CA-4E11-9D99-2717A77A7C4D