Re: [News] (Part of) Microsoft.com Pwn3D!!!!11

In article <5125481.V7ZERRo2BR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msownedba6.png
>
> But never mind. You can trust Microsoft code on your Web server.
>

> MSDN has had this XSS issue for months:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=//ha.ckers.org/images/stallowned.jpg
>
> One could, for example, put a phishing Web site under microsoft.com's
> credentials. This is as bad (if not worse) than an open proxy.
>

> Also, previously (older and recent messages):
>
> Canadian nuclear safety site defaced by hacker
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The Citizen--which published a color photograph of one of the
> | tampered pages--said the hacker had left a message saying "Please
> | dont (sic) put me in jail...oops, I divided by zero."
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6157647.html
>
> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.nuclearsafety.gc.ca
>

> Malicious Website: Super Bowl XLI / Dolphin Stadium
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Websense Security Labs has discovered that the official website
> | of Dolphin Stadium has been compromised with malicious code. The
> | Dolphin Stadium is currently experiencing a large number of visitors,
> | as it is the home of Sunday's Super Bowl XLI. The site is linked
> | from numerous official Super Bowl websites and various Super
> | Bowl-related search terms return links to the site.
> `----
>
> http://www.websense.com/securitylabs/alerts/alert.php?AlertID=733
>

> MSN.co.uk money related websites hacked and defaced
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Two websites belonging to MSN (Microsoft Network) in the United
> | Kingdom, were defaced today by an attacker who goes by the nickname
> | "DARK LORD".
> `----
>
> http://www.ddosed.com/2007/02/01/msn-uk-money-related-websites-hacked-and-defaced/
>

> Nokia's Windows-based Site Gets Cracked
>
> Screenshot:
>
> http://monarkstudios.ca/hacked.JPG
>
> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://nokia.ca
>

> Hackers attack Gorbachev's [Windows-based] Web site
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The perpetrators posted photographs of the suppressed rally on the
> | Web site and published an open letter to the former leader, blaming
> | him for the deaths of more 130 people -- a tragedy known in Azerbaijan
> | as the Black January.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070120/ap_on_hi_te/russia_gorbachev
>
> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.mikhailgorbachev.org
> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.gorby.ru
>

> Samsung site hijacked as malware host
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The U.S. corporate website of Samsung Telecom has been hijacked and
> | used to host and distribute malware, security vendor Websense has
> | revealed.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=709669709&rid=-50

> [...]

MS is a disaster waiting to happen. It just hasn't happened quite yet.
But with the internet, the pressure is really building this time.

The accumulated holes of MS code are essentially, taken together, like a
large section of fortress wall gone missing.

And when the enemy gathers enough troops...