Re: Unmaintainable?

  • Subject: Re: Unmaintainable?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:50:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Sunday 29 April 2007 22:04 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, flyer
> <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:37:38 -0700
> <MPG.209e85d16aa907199896d0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> In article <59jpm7F2l82r1U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> says...
>>> "In the long years since XP was launched, Apple have come out with five
>>> major upgrades to OS X, upgrades which (dare I say it?) install with
>>> about as much effort as it takes to brush your teeth in the morning. No
>>> nightmare calls to tech-support, no sudden hardware incompatibilities, no
>>> hassle. Why hasn?t Microsoft kept up? Unmaintainable"
>>>
>>> "Right now, Microsoft has nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. After all
>>> the hype surrounding Vista, the Emperor has finally been revealed in all
>>> his naked glory. Some folks have been predicting the demise of Microsoft.
>>> I wouldn?t go that far, but I am wondering how we?re ever going to take
>>> Microsoft seriously again?"
>>>
>>> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/04/29/vista_end_dream/

That seems about right. Have a look.

,----[ Quote ]
| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
| operating system is set to be rewritten as the Company 'scrambles' to fix
| internal problems a Microsoft insider has confirmed to SHN... Microsoft has
| also admitted that it has major problems in it's Windows division and has
| has immediately initiated a total restructure of the division..."
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computing/Platforms?Article=/Computing/Platforms/R7G5G6U4

MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
Developers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/
http://tinyurl.com/35eqrt

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S