Re: [News] Windows Gets Another 'Hack' to Fix Inherently-insecure System

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:18:14 +0100
<7jcbg4-e2f.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Microsoft mulling major changes to ward off .ANI-type flaws
>
> LOL!!!
>
> Exactly how much of the Vista OS is dependent on this *animated cursor*?
>
> Are they going to have to spend another six years, and another 10
> billion dollars just to fix something (that should have been) so trivial?
>
> This is the most ridiculous "Windows issue" I've ever heard. I don't
> know whether to laugh or cry.
>
> No, I do ... I'll laugh.
>
> ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

You at least are in a position to do so, as am I; I have
not purchased (nor do I willingly contemplate purchasing)
Vista.  However, one does have to at least consider
shedding a tear for unwittingly duped OEMs...though I'm
not sure how many for such as Michael Dell, but I wonder
if he knew how bad Vista was going to sell -- or if anyone
did, really.

Is it Microsoft BOB all over again, perhaps?

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it cheaper to learn Linux, or to hire someone
to fix your Windows problems?