Re: [News] Oracle Continues Its GNU/Linux Charade

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Friday 27 April 2007 12:45 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> SugarCRM Expands Support for Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Based on the growing community and customer demand, SugarCRM and
>> | Oracle can now provide their joint customers a robust, fully
>> | supported solution.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,95270.shtml
>
> That is potentially the most important post I have read in a while.
> SugarCRM is a great product, what ever platform you use. Oracle support is
> at least in the top 5, personally I would put it top two but I'm being
> conservative. (a conservative yorkshireman, who would have thought it).
>
> I am not sure if it would specifically benefit from Oracle rather than
> MySQL as many of us would have assumed the background database. But that
> isn't really the point and I suspect that the database didn't come into the
> discussion at all.
>
> What we have is Oracle, and despite some anti-Oracle sentiment in some
> Linux news groups, Oracle is still a company that many an IT person and
> management will listen to, including myself. So when the flyer pops through
> the door with Oracle on the header, then a description of SugarCRM
> capabilities listed, then they have a very powerfull marketing tool just
> for the cost of a few flyers.
>
> SugarCRM on your company server makes for a very usefull in house tool.

Read the following. It's very insightful, I think.

Oracle's Unbreakable Linux...All about Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/04/oracles_unbreak.html

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
Mem:    514480k total,   483896k used,    30584k free,     7644k buffers