Re: keep the formats closed ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Monday 23 April 2007 15:56 \__

> http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/5000/px05035.txt

What caught my eye was this...

"So, this means that we would have a closed architecture that will prevent
other ISVs from developing resource editing tools that might improve upon
ours...

If there is a problem with changing formats, then let's work out a strategy
where we can continue to change formats..."

This aligns with this one which I love to repeat because it emphasises the
importance of the EU-MS debate that's going on:

Microsoft:

"...we should take the lead in establishing a common approach to UI and to
interoperability (of which OLE is only a part). Our efforts to date are
focussed too much on our own apps, and only incidentally on the rest of the
industry. We want to own these standards, so we should not participate in
standards groups. Rather, we should call 'to me' to the industry and set a
standard that works now and is for everyone's benefit. We are large enough
that this can work."

http://www.os2site.com/sw/info/comes/px09509.zip

--
                ~~ With kind regards