[News] Windows is Playing Catch-up with GNU/Linux, Offers No Innovation

Windows Trying to Catch up!

,----[ Quote ]
| Win folks starts cloning with this pathetic attempt to recreate XGL with
| this Yod'm 3D! The 3D Window Manager on Windows from CrystalXp
|
| [...]
|
| Too slow, the desktop bar keeps on jumping out of place and on top
| of all that it doesn't come with decent uninstall feature!!
|
| Advice Don't do it, want a professional cool looking and FREE O/S
| get yourself Linux otherwise stick with your Windows Explorer!!
`----

http://www.mjama.com/mjama/blog/index.php/2007/04/26/windows-trying-to-catch-up/

Life without Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| April 2007 editor's note: This article from Datamation's 1998 archives
| has been reposted for historical interest...
|
| Microsoft, it is said, didn't invent anything. It merely popularized
| what others invented. Let's admit that Microsoft did not invent DOS
| 1.0 all by itself; it bought the rights from a defunct Seattle
| company and then enhanced it. But, clearly, were it not for Microsoft,
| there would be no Windows and no OS/2, since Microsoft invented
| Windows, and OS/2 was created as a follow-on by a joint effort
| with Microsoft and IBM.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/602731

Related:

A history of Microsoft Windows - the inside story exposed

,----[ Quote ]