[News] Windows Zombies Break New Records, Microsoft Takes the Wrong Approach

Record-Setting Spam Effort Turns Computers into Zombies

,----[ Quote ]
| In response, the Securities and Exchange Commission has tried
| temporarily freezing the trading of stocks touted in spam. "But
| the spammers don't seem discouraged at all by the SEC's actions,"
| observed Swidler. "We have not seen any impact."
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070426/sc_livescience/recordsettingspameffortturnscomputersintozombies

Windows' insecurities affect everything. Rather than rebuilding this
inherently-insecure operating system, look what Microsoft is doing.

Microsoft Labs Tackle Security

,----[ Quote ]
| In a move to strengthen its response to security threats, Microsoft
| Corp. is opening two labs to study the growing amount of malicious
| software circulating on the Internet, security executives
| announced Wednesday.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070425/tc_pcworld/131207

This is of course moronic. They try to work around a broken system rather
than fix the system itself. It's like trying to squash intruders that stomp
your cardboard walls rather than just mending/replacing the walls. They will
just try to keep track of 200,000+ viruses.