[News] Radio Broadcasting Appliance Runs Linux

Linux-based Audiobot Pro broadcasts your own radio station

,----[ Quote ]
| The aptly-named Audiobot Pro is a Linux-based device which enables
| customers to "distribute audio to radio stations and music venues."
| Made for those who adore simplicity, you simply connect up an audio
| source and it "automatically records, formats, and uploads MP3
| recordings to any website."

Radio Open Source Gets $250K MacArthur Grant

,----[ Quote ]
| Speaking of funding for public broadcasting, yesterday the Public
| Radio International show Radio Open Source announced it's received
| a $250,000 grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur
| Foundation "in support of the innovative use of Internet-based
| tools in the production of a daily public radio program."

KRUU, open source radio

,----[ Quote ]
| Amongst other things, it seems, he meant that KRUU has made a
| commitment to use only Open Source software. As KRUU founder
| Roland Wells explained on Open Views, all KRUU's PCs run on the
| GNU/Linux operating system, and the audio editing tools (Ardour
| and Audacity) used by DJs at the station are also Open Source.

Open Source Radio is A Sound Salvation

,----[ Quote ]
| The song sharply criticizes the commercialization of mainstream
| radio ("They;re saying things that I can hardly believe") and one
| can only imagine the shock NBC executives experienced that night
| considering their radio station was the very sort Costello
| condemned. Performing "Radio Radio" without warning at SNL got
| Costello banned from the show for 12 years.
| [...]
| But new media and technology is finally reversing the trend of putting
| "the radio in the hands of such a lot of fools tryin' to anaesthetize
| the way that you feel," as Costello would put it.

Open source Campcaster empowers independent radio broadcasters

Radio goes the open source route

Linux radio suite powers independent broadcasters