Re: [News] Linux-hostile Hardware to Be Named and Shamed?

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 23:40 \__

> On or about Thursday 26 Apr 2007 12:58 am, [H]omer issued this message:

>>> PCLinuxOS launching hardware certification program
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/20/193254
>>
>> They should put Broadcom at the top of their shitlist.
>>
> Visioneer too, who refuse to release any drivers or info about them.

Ironically, a new member of the LF is quite a sinner too. Let us hope that
the flocking of companies to the LF (just like the ODF Alliance) will force
them to take advantage of free driver development. Dell gets credit points
for making a step in the right direction. :-) :-)

Recently it seems like the "Go Open Source or go down the wastebasket"
realisation has become widespread. Even Adobe hopped on board yesterday,
which could take them in route similarr to that of Sun Microsystems.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz     \ Spread Mozilla Firefox.
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
Swap:  1036184k total,   580236k used,   455948k free,    24432k cached