Re: [News] The Ugly Catch in $3 Windows -- Students Get Scratch Cards

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 09:25 \__

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9017845

> And that'll flop too.
>
> The OS might be 3 bucks, but how much is the PC needed to run it?
>
> OLPC <---- Hmm. ($100)
> OLPC Software Licence (Zero)
> Scratch card "activation" (No)
>
> And here's something MS haven't explained about their new "benevolent"
> XP deals to the Third World, that they're going to *start* rolling out
> later this year; aren't they supposed to be *terminating* XP on January
> 31, 2008?
>
> Oops.
>
> Game over.

This has led to some mild conflicts such as SPIII in 2008 and the long
support line. Business strategies collide.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | One, Two, Free Open Source Software (FOSS)