Re: [News] IBM and Google Get Cozy with MySQL and Support the Company

__/ [ ed ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 20:24 \__

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2007/04/25/ibm_mysql_team_up_on_database_software/?rss_id=Boston.com+%2F+News
>> http://tinyurl.com/2mwwkx
>
> interesting, are they dropping db2?

Here's the Reg's interesting take.

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/04/25/mysql_ibm_partnership/

"IBM has teamed with database rival MySQL in a deal illustrating how far it's
prepared to go to reach open source developers and stuff Oracle and
Microsoft."

This was a proper marketing deal, so it appeared to be stronger than I had
initially imagined, based on a newer article which goes deeper. Open Source
'Attaway baby'?

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: as good as Richard Stallman's dental
higiene
Tasks: 122 total,   2 running, 116 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie