[News] Microsoft's Quiet Attacks on Linux

Bill Gates' Three-Dollar Barricade Against Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| See, at the same time Gates was announcing his 99% discount on
| Windows for schools, Canonical software was launching and
| offering for free the newest version of the company's
| extremely-user-friendly version of Linux, Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty
| Fawn to its friends.)
|
| Now, I've extolled the virtues of Ubuntu 6 as a better alternative
| to Windows XP. By all accounts (I haven't been able to get my hands
| on a copy yet), Ubuntu 7 is a leap forward in ease of use, to the
| point where many people - myself included - would never think of
| going back to Windows.
|
| Whether the guys in Redmond admit it or not, in countries around
| the world where large chunks of the population live on $1 a day
| or less, Ubuntu is in a great position to squeeze Windows out of
| some pretty lucrative markets. Bill's $3 gambit is not about
| stopping piracy. If it were, he'd make the deal more broadly
| available. Bill's $3 gambit is about stopping Ubuntu.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070424/33196_id.html?.v=1

Also:

Microsoft Fanbois Challenge Linux Tux500 Project

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/150-Microsoft-Fanbois-Challenge-Linux-Tux500-Project.html
http://tinyurl.com/yw7dqt