Re: [News] Hardware-accelerated OpenGL Interface for Linux

> Chapter #1 in which we meet Graff
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Graff can currently render using two runtime-selectable backends --
> | a hardware-accelerated OpenGL backend or a software-only driver. The
> | software backend is extremelly highly optimized using all the ugly
> | demo-scene tips&tricks straight form the '90ties. It performs
> | suprisingly well and the demo applications mentioned below can
> | actually run good on our existing hardware (nokia 770, nokia n800).
> `----
>
> http://www.mdk.org.pl/articles/2007/04/23/chapter-1-in-which-we-meet-graff

Linux eye-candy is going into overdrive. This is amazing stuff.

The essentials:

######
Graff: See above.
http://files.mdk.am/demos/graff-demo-2.avi

######
Lowfat: 3D accelerated image viewer:
http://macslow.thepimp.net/?page_id=18

######
Kiba Dock: A luncher panel on acid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM

######
LinuxMCE: The way a media centre UI *should* be:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4422887272477313460

######
Beryl: Just the tip of the iceberg:

Using a Wii Remote and dual display:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALqduQfm09c

One of the better demos, includes landscape, leaves, and more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6kd42jIaHk
######

Is this the iceberg that will sink the (Windows) Titanic?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 23:15:38 up 7 days, 20:47,  2 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.46, 0.39