Re: [News] Mandriva Wanted to Aquire Linbox, Gets More Funding

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Tuesday 24 April 2007 15:34 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Raising cash
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I have spent the last 5 months working on this and I am very happy we
>> | found a solution. We needed the investment and it?s been a tough race.
>> | Those who've done this know what I am talking about. I have looked at
>> | all possibilities (yes, all) and talked to everyone (yes, everyone)
>> | who could be potentially interested in such a deal, given the time
>> | constraints. I can now again allocate all my time and energy to
>> | running the business and I look forward to it.
>> `----
>>
>> http://corp.mandriva.com/webteam/2007/04/23/raising-cash/
>>

> What a fart on. Faffing around with money and shares etc, when all they
> have to do is bang on the door and say,
>
> "Look Linbox, you are good at what you do, we Mandriva are good at what we
> do, how about working together?"
>
> We don't really want the money grabbing slash-n-burn attitude of MS in the
> Linux world, it can only ever do damage.
>
> What happens in a few years time when the particular skills of Linbox are
> needed by someone, but Mandriva bought them took the filing cabinets and
> dumped the really important part, the staff. The thing you need is in their
> heads not on the pieces of paper.
>
> Work with people it's the only way that Linux actually has survived at all.
> If their was no sharing they would be no Linux.

Well, I'm just glad they survive as a company (rather than return to being a
community). They have been having a hard time because of competition (and
that competition is not Windows).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz    The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
roy      pts/0                         Tue Apr 24 18:42   still logged in