Re: Dell offers XP again amidst Vista complaints

__/ [ Freeride ] on Saturday 21 April 2007 19:43 \__

> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/04/20/dell_offers_xp_again/
>
>>Meanwhile, Microsoft is showing its poker face regarding the development.
>
>>"Dell is responding appropriately to a small minority of customers that
>>had this specific request," Microsoft product manager Michael Burk said
>>in a statement. "But, as they have said before, the vast majority of
>>consumers want the latest and greatest technology, and that includes
>>Windows Vista."
>
> "Small minority"? Most of the world does not want to run your DRM UAC
> phone home invested software Bill! :)
>

>>Manufacturers will only be able to pre-install XP on systems until Jan.
>>31, 2008 when Microsoft will force them to switch no matter what internet
>>denizens ask for.
>
> Great force them to look at alternatives like Ubuntu!

Yesterday I put together some royalty-free images to illustrate the decision
Windows users are facing...
http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/vista-xp-linux.png

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz \ Switch to GNU/Linux. Visit http://www.getgnulinux.org/
Mem:    514480k total,   488524k used,    25956k free,     2992k buffers