Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy

  • Subject: Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 06:00:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Maverick ] on Saturday 21 April 2007 05:24 \__

> Hadron Quark wrote:
>> Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>>Once again Roy, you decieve and twist by creating a headline which is
>>>different from the story you are "reporting" on.
>>>
>>>Your headline reads that Gates speech was "interrupted", yet clearly it
>>>says "Gates [...] had just finished a speech..."
>>>
>>>Why do you feel the need to embellish and falsify so many headlines?
>>

>> Because he is a liar and a spammer.
>>
>> Interestingly, as Gates was doing his thing, the OSS zealot just made the
>> OSS community look like a bunch of terrorists.
>>

> Yeah, like the M$ whack jobs in France crashing a PS3 party.
> Of course this sort of stuff doesn't make either side look good.

In France (and London, or even Australia) it was backed by an enormous
company and people in suits. You can't compare this to spontanous action of
one man. In addition to the links I posted in the reply to [H]omer, here
some more recent 'beef':

Microsoft slams iPhone as 'irrelevant'

,----[ Quote ]
| "However, it's a closed device that you cannot install applications on,
| and there's no support for Office documents. If you're an enterprise and
| want to roll out line of business applications, it's just not an option.
| Even using it as a heavy messaging device will be a challenge," the
| executive added.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Microsoft-slams-iPhone-as-irrelevant-/0,130061733,339274960,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/2lxtox

Another Microsoft exec speaks out on the Wii

,----[ Quote ]
| For some reason, the Wii keeps popping up in these interviews,
| including one with Platform Marketing Manager Michael Newey.
`----

http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/03/29/another-microsoft-exec-speaks-out-on-the-wii/

Microsoft attacks Wii now

,----[ Quote ]
| Micrsooft has not heard the marketing maxim "never mention the opposition".

Microsoft Says Wii is for Babies

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Microsoft's group product manager for Xbox and the Live
| platform, John Rodman, recently took a stab at it.
`----

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/776/776545p1.html

Microsoft Befriends Google's Foes

,----[ Quote ]
| After a government- and monopoly-inspired period in which Microsoft had
| to pretend to be a gentle force for global good, the company is being
| forced to return to its ruthless roots. Ironically, it is doing this
| in part by decrying the unfair practices of a competitor and
| shamelessly sucking up to the Establishment.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/06/microsoft-google-blodget-tech-cx_hb_0306blodget.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/3bewws

Neil Thompson Attacks Blu-Ray

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11869/Neil_Thompson_Attacks_Blu-Ray.html
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9091/47131535bn4.jpg

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie