Re: MS quality control ..

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Tuesday 17 April 2007 23:21 \__

> Doug Mentohl wrote:
>
>> WFW 3.11 - All Team Issues
>>
>> 32-bit Features
>>
>> 12. VFAT mounts on Bernoulli drives, Cache is not flushed befire a disk
>> is changed not is the drive detected as being changed allowing for
>> possible data corruption.

>> 14. "Blue screeens" - we haven't even attempted to fix some of these -
>> just punted.

>> ..
>>
>> MSMAIL
>>
>> Running MSMAIL offline returns numerous error messages.

>> ..
>>
>> 52. Netware 4.0 setup messes up our config

>> http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/4000/PX04141.pdf
>
> ... vista... a steaming pile of shit...

> linux thing???

Just before the RTMing of Vista:

Vista: Behind the scenes

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the glitches were already known. Many were things that have
| already been fixed, and a few were too new and need investigating.
| None appeared to be a show-stopper.
`----                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6133491.html

A couple of months later:

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
  5:20am  up 6 days  4:48,  4 users,  load average: 1.31, 0.98, 0.80