Re: Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" initial impression ... excellent!

  • Subject: Re: Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" initial impression ... excellent!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 03:48:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Saturday 21 April 2007 01:29 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron Quark
> <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:35:07 +0200
> <87d51ysmhw.fsf@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Microsoft is dead. The only problem is that 95% of the world hasn't got
>>> round to reading the obituary yet.
>>>
>>> Richard Rasker
>>
>> People insisting on XP rather than vista is hardly MS being "dead".
>>

> Microsoft is quite lively.  It's their products which should be shot
> dead. :-P :-)

It is no longer a S/W company [1], but all the cash cows are software.
Anything other than software is a colossal budget drainer and it shows [2].
Linux, Google and the OpenDocument Alliance will 'cut off the air supply',
which will make thge perfect comeback [3]. Microsoft endless buybacks and
budget drain [2] will leave it heading for the sewer.

__
[1] Scott Bellware [MVP]: Microsoft is No Longer Software Company...

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft simply isn't in the business of making software anymore.
| It's only in the business of being in business.  Pretending to be
| a software company is just a front.
|
| Oh to be president of the board for just one day...
|
| I'm trying to get a free PDF printer installed on Vista...
| What was I thinking?  Everyone knows that this kind of functionality
| is only available in some distant future science fiction version of
| Vista... or Windows XP.  I think I'm about to become a lover of
| antiques... or Macs.
`----

http://codebetter.com/blogs/scott.bellware/archive/2007/04/17/161949.aspx

[2] Software Notebook: Microsoft's cash pile isn't what it used to be

,----[ Quote ]
| But Microsoft has taken a series of steps to reduce its cash
| balance. Specifically, by Microsoft's count, the company has
| paid out nearly $100 billion through dividends and repurchasing
| its own stock in the past five years.
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/309852_software02.html

[3]

Microsoft 'killed Dell Linux' - States

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/03/19/microsoft_killed_dell_linux_states/

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
Tasks: 117 total,   1 running, 113 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie