[News] Migration to Linux at the Office Becoming Easier Than People Imagine

  • Subject: [News] Migration to Linux at the Office Becoming Easier Than People Imagine
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 04:35:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
How to sneak Linux into your office

,----[ Quote ]
| Make a business case and make it stick. It's easier than you think
|
| [...]
|
| Linux gained a large following in part because it created a real community
| out of developers who discussed features, functions and fixes at a level of
| granularity that wasn’t possible with proprietary software. As open source
| continues to mature we may start to see similar kinds of communities emerge
| among lines of business that have their own opinions about the platforms and
| applications they will rely upon to do their jobs. Blogs and other social
| networking tools will facilitate, and amplify, those conversations. The
| sooner IT departments start listening in the better, because the day could
| come when the choices for these systems will not be theirs alone anymore.
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=44612

Dilbert: boss demands FLOSS...

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070803.html

Stickers for the new Linux boxes...

http://pikao.org/stickers/

Really nice and apparently brand new.

Recent:

Vancouver law firm trades in MS for desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=44529&cid=11