Re: [News] [Rival] Micrososoft Admits Screwing up with Windows XP

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 09 August 2007 18:53 : \____

>> Microsoft: we let you down with XP
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| ?We let you down with Windows XP?. So stated Steve Riley, in an afternoon
>>| session today at Tech.Ed Australia, entitled ?Making the Tradeoff: Be
>>| Secure or Get Work Done?.
>> `----
>>
>> http://apcmag.com/6900/microsoft_we_let_you_down_with_xp
>>
>> Windows 'security' (animated GIF):
>>
>> http://content.ytmnd.com/content/c/f/5/cf527897d7579046ba468c7834cc7e14.gif
>
> Now trying to claim Vista, with it's minimum 10 million extra lines of
> code, all proprietary, with all that vertical integration, will be more
> secure?
>
> Only people who believe in magic could possibly believe that.

Have you seen the news about their new method of hiding their flaws? Emergency
fixes are now pushed "performance packs". Lies, lies, lies. Later on they
boast some charts.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
Mem:    515500k total,   448644k used,    66856k free,     3360k buffers