Re: Tips: How to Convince People to Migrate to GNU/Linux

On Aug 9, 5:47 pm, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2007-08-09, John Bailo, Texeme.Construct <jaba...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > (3) Linux is offered, pre-installed, by Dell.   Lenovo, Acer, HP will
> > be ready by 2008.
>
> Another that might backfire.  Someone might wonder if Linux is so great,
> how come Dell only just started offering it, and the others are taking
> so long?

I think most of the thinking will be "if Dell is offering it, it must
be good." Not to say I'm sure many people will choose Linux pre-
installed, but I don't think anyone will be discouraged from
purchasing it because it's just now being offered.