Re: [Rival] Has Microsoft Just Corrupted the Swiss System for Voting on OOXML (Monopoly Enabler)?

Tim Smith wrote:
>  Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> I agree;  what you didn't mention is that OOXML is also
>> 6,000 pages long, which is about 5,900 pages too long for
>> any standard.
>
> Well, then, I assume you object to ODF?  That's about 1100
> pages, when printed at the same line spacing as is used to
> get 6000 for OOXML.

OpenDocument version 1.0 - specification:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/
12572/OpenDocument-v1.0-os.pdf

or http://tinyurl.com/dkjop

ODF is 706 pages total.

http://www.ecma-international.org/news/TC45_current_work/
TC45_available_docs.htm

or http://tinyurl.com/35kqe2

OOXML Part 1 - Fundamentals, Page 2 (PDF page 9), Section 2,
Conformance versus ODF, Part 1 - Introduction, Page 35 (PDF page 35),
Section 1.5 Document Processing and Conformance.  Statistics are from
gedit 2.18.1, direct copy and paste of page contents:

ODF OOXML
58       69      Lines
427     416     Words
2883   3205   Characters (with spaces)