Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Rejected by the Olympics Organisers

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Capt. Morgan
<rumboy@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:52:15 -0400
<46bb4834$0$11761$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft's latest version of Windows is too risky to implement for the
>> | important computers managing the 2008 Olympic summer games in Beijing,
>> said
>> | the event's computer supplier and sponsor Lenovo.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/08/08/no.vista.on.olympic.pcs/
>

> So they will use Windows XP instead. Where's linux?

Linux?  Why would anyone want to use Linux?  It's standard, it's
easy to install, it's free.  No one would want to use anything
that's standard, easy to install, and free; get serious!

Use old, pirated XP copies instead.  Much simpler, from
somebody's point of view, apparently.

</sarcasm>

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
  - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!