Re: [News] Reviews of Good Computer Games for Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:46 : \____

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/06/16/linux-gaming-part-one-first-person-shooters/

> Again, thinking about the actual demand for 3D rendering in Linux, just
> how many games are there which need it?  I have the following here:
>
> Nexuiz (fully open)
> Tuxracer (has a new name?)
> Quake 3
> Doom 3
> Rune
>
> I have several others, including eg., Serious Sam, but like Quake II and
> I and Doom I and II, and Heretic II, a normal video mode.
>
> I know of a lot of software which /can/ render using OpenGL (the
> screensavers are impressive :-), but how much is it really needed?

America's Army runs on Linux as ell. I suppose you know who supports this game.
Of course, while the government is anti-Linux at heart, it has to try
everything it can to recruit these teenager and ship them overseas to be
slaughtered like lamb.

But I'm going off topic here..

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
Mem:    515500k total,   444852k used,    70648k free,     6592k buffers