[News] Beta 1 of Mandriva Linux 2008 Released, Edubuntu (Re-)Introduced

  • Subject: [News] Beta 1 of Mandriva Linux 2008 Released, Edubuntu (Re-)Introduced
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 02:15:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mandriva Linux 2008 Beta 1 'Cassini'

,----[ Quote ]
| As Vincent Panel announced, Mandriva Linux 2008 Beta 1 'Cassini' started to
| populate the mirrors!
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/08/07/13/14/21-mandriva-linux-2008-beta-1-cassi

Controlling and managing Edubuntu users' desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| The community-driven Edubuntu project aims to create a version of Ubuntu
| specially tailored for use in primary and secondary education. Perhaps the
| most useful feature present in the Edubuntu OS is the Linux Terminal Server
| Project environment, whose applications are not limited just to eduction.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118335

Related:

Mandriva 2007 Spring Version Review: Part I

,----[ Quote ]
| A Good Distribution for Most People? Possibly, although I cannot help but
| wonder if PCLinuxOS would not be a better choice for those looking for the
| niceties from Mandriva without its shortcomings. Then again, PCLinuxOS has
| offered me very little, since they do not self-install my proprietary video
| drivers for setting up a clean running 3D environment.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2613&Itemid=449

Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Using Spring shouldn’t be a problem for those that haven’t been familiar with
| Linux before, but it also shouldn’t disappoint those who are experienced and
| wants to have a stable, well done and solid system. I have to say I highly
| recommend this version of Mandriva to both old Mandriva users and those who
| haven’t yet used the Linux system from France.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/mandriva/mandriva-20071-spring-review/

1 Month On: Mandriva 2007 Spring - Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| For the last month (and a bit) I've been running Mandriva 2007.1
| Spring PowerPack on my Toshiba Satellite 2410. To avoid people
| having to skip to the conclusion, I'm sticking with Mandriva
| Linux Spring on my laptop permanently!
`----

http://blog.cyprix.com.au/?p=19

FULL review: Mandriva One 2007.1 "Spring Edition": GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2007/05/full-review-mandriva-one-20071-spring.html