Re: Novell Goes Deeper into Patent Mess It Created and Entered

> ____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Tuesday 07 August 2007 08:18 : \____
>
>> On Aug 6, 8:45 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Novell prepares for patent battle with Microsoft?

>> Will that make you like them better -- or is it all part of the /
>> conspiracy/ ?!?!

A good question, really.  I wonder if this is deliberate to warm up the
idea that software patents are important?

>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> An ambitious programmer has many APIs.
>
> ...to which many get access, including customers (end users) to the product of
> the labour. You mentioned service that uses "Silverlight DRM" earlier? Will
> this work for a GNU/Linux user?
>
> Understand that the name .NET was prophetic. Along with a dozen so-called
> standard .NET the rest of the stack are attempts to hijack the Web, which is
> the future of computing (the network is the computer).

Uuuuhhh, baaddd.  Medical data, critical to life and limb, accessed via
a framework of dubious legal status?  Now, who would agree to that, I
wonder?