Re: [News] The "Fake Steve Jobs" Blogger Busted, Turns Out to Be Forbes' Microsoft Shill (Dan Lyons)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> "Fake Steve Jobs" is Daniel Lyons, in case anyone wants to sue
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Maybe we should be, since this is the man who wrote about the "evils" of
> | anonymous blogging in  "Attack of the Blogs", where he said that blogs
> | are “the prized platform of an online lynch mob spouting liberty but
> | spewing lies, libel and invective.”
> |
> | Um. Dude. Talk about world class hypocrisy.
> `----
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070805195515884

I think Steve Jobs should sue, he probably would hold back thinking that it
would be seen as bashing the little man.

But there was a truth in what Fake Steve Jobs said, that bloggers write with
an unknown authority, there is a terrible arrogance in almost every blog
you read, including my own probably (don't ask to see it, my blog is the
worst blog in the world, honestly, even I don't like reading it. I write it
for my sake rather than anyone elses).

You get people writing in ignorance on subjects they know little about,
bloggers are often annonimous, gads man who would want to put their real
name next to some of the crap that is written in blogs.

Bloggers though are seen in the same light as jernos, the only difference
being that the jerno put's his/her name on the artical, I assume it's
always a real name, other wise how would they get paid. In some ways you
could say that the blogger is more influencial than the jerno, because
readers tend to assume these bloggers are real people and are writing from
real experiences.

There is only one problem with Steve Jobs sueing Fake Steve Jobs. That any
of us can use any handle we can think of, there aren't any rules about
checking that it's a real name first. There may well be someone out there
who screams and shouts every time I post my mindless crap in this news
group, if so I sincerely appologise to Mr Bearitall, but there isn't much
you can do about it, other than ask me nicely.