Re: [News] MainConcept MainActor is dead. More proprietary Abandonware

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 05 August 2007 18:24 : \____

http://www.mainconcept.com/site/consumer-products-4/mainactor-v5-15/information-16.html

> Apparently this happened in May this year. I had no idea (apologies if
> this has been posted before):
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MainActor
>
> So all those proprietary software fanbois who depended on MainActor for
> work or for play, have been kicked out on the street.
>
> No source = no future.
>
> The good news is that Free software NLE packages are available, as ever,
> and march onwards with innovations like the MLT framework:
>
> http://www.mltframework.org/twiki/bin/view/MLT/
>
> Used by Kdenlive, Kino (soon), and others:
>
> http://kdenlive.org/
>
> K.
> http://slated.org
>
> .----
> | "Proprietary licenses, the crack cocaine of software finance."
> | - Matt Asay, CNET
> `----

MainConcept ran out of crack cocaine. Maybe they should offshore all customers
to Colombia where they can get better 'technical' support.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"