Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Made in India

____/ [H]omer on Monday 06 August 2007 04:45 : \____

>> Microsoft India centre working on Windows 7
>
> Total development cost: 100 rupees and a curry.
>
> Nothing like exploitation to save money, is there?

It helps the bottom line, doesn't it? China is another place for expansion, not
just for Microsoft, but for Intel as well. Fair enough, I'd say, but anyone
who thinks that Windows is American should also take a quick look at that
label on a Nike pair of shoes.

A lot of money goes not to America, but to a handful of people with bank
account in Ireland or Switzerland. Most people are easily fooled. 1 in 3
Microsoft employees _in the United States_ is on a visa. That ratio appear to
be consistently moving in a single direction.

As I've said, nothing wrong with that! Just something to be /aware/ of...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash