Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Airport Air Traffic Managed by GNU/Linux

In article <1kuupkq9eyz50$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Actually, you hit on a significant point here;  what Raytheon are saying
> > is that GUI-based management is simply not up to the job, and they need
> > to use console-based management for the critical servers, because
> > air-traffic control is so important.
>
> No, Mark.  That's not what the article says.  It is used to adminster the
> *SUN* workstations running *SOLARIS*.  It's used because, for remote
> administration, there is no need for graphics.  This has nothing to do with
> controlling the air traffic.  Let me quote the article:
>
> "Raytheon Engineering's Joseph Castellino said the company was looking for
> a solution to manage its Sun servers and workstations - **ALL** of which
> are running some version of Solaris." (emphasis mine).
>
> "We prefer to use [the command line] for **CONFIGURATION** because we don't
> always have graphics capabilities in place depending on [the] individual
> configuration," Castellino said"  (again, emphasis mine)
>
> > Clearly, this is yet another application, mission and life critical, for
> > which linux is ideal.
>
> No, Mark.  There is nothing mission or life critical about this.  It
> doesn't do *ANYTHING* related to air traffic control itself.

Here's what they are using:

<http://www.opengear.com.au/product-cm4116.html>

> > There is no excuse for your anti-Roy abuse, though.  Have you dug into
> > anyone else's personal life recently, Erik?

How is calling out Roy on yet another lie anti-Roy abuse?  Have you
considered maybe telling Roy next time you see him that he could simply
*stop* *lying* about the articles he posts?

--
--Tim Smith