Re: Google mobile

____/ Phil Payne on Saturday 04 August 2007 14:20 : \____

>> At present, wireless carriers routinely try to restrict which models
>> of cell phones that can be used on their networks.
>>
>> They also often limit the software that can be downloaded onto them,
>> such as ringtones, music or web browser software.
>
> On which planet?
>
> I use a Nokia 9500 and a Siemens S65 - neither is in _any_ way
> restricted.  I've got 1GB RS-MMC cards in both and copied of several
> websites.
>
> The iFawn restrictions just make me giggle at how DUMB American
> consumers can sometimes be.

Latest word says it's a Linux/Java (GPL stack!) phone that'll probably/might be
available for free (ad-sponsored). With Google's wi-fi plans, one wonders
about VoIP as well. It's truly disruptive technology, even a threat to iPhone.

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed