Re: [News] User Hates Looks of XP, Makes it Look Like Linux

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 07:08:13 +0100

> Make Windows XP Look Like Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | One thing that bothers me about Windows XP is its appearance. By
> default, the | interface feels very tacky. Since I most frequently
> use Linux, I've really | grown to like the themes and icons that are
> included in just about every | Linux distribution (or at least the
> ones with Gnome as the default desktop). `----
>
> http://justinjacobs.com/archive.php?select=64
>
> Here is a real case of making Linux more like Windows:
>
> http://www.jmantra.com/spyware.png
>
> It's not a joke, it's real.

Shoving feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken.

Making Windows look like a GNU desktop is not right. The subtle
differences get in the way and stick out like a sore thumb, it would
just make the user experience painful.

Bringing up the terminal icon that starts cmd.exe would just piss the
hell out of me, I'd probably throw the whole computer out a window
through frustration.

--
The OC48 to Arrakis, Dune, desert planet is rup'n like a mofo because
of a great disturbance in the force. The Rebel Alliance is watching IP