[News] New Features Merges with the Linux Kernel

  • Subject: [News] New Features Merges with the Linux Kernel
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:30:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux: Distributed Storage Subsystem

,----[ Quote ]
| Evgeniy Polyakov, listed as the connector and w1 subsystem maintainer,
| announced the first release of his distributed storage subsystem, "which
| allows [you] to form storage on top of remote and local nodes, which in turn
| can be exported to another storage as a node to form tree-like storages."
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/node/14029

Linux: Merging Kgdb?

,----[ Quote ]
| In the past, Linus Torvalds has resisted merging kernel debuggers and
| famously said, "I don't like debuggers. Never have, probably never will,"
| going on to explain why he didn't want it to be too easy to hack the Linux
| kernel. An earlier push to get kgdb merged in 2004 didn't succeed, though
| some architectures already have versions of the debugger. The current kgdb
| patchset in Andrew's tree includes code for the i386, x86_64, ppc, mips, sh
| and arm architectures.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/node/14035

Linux gains free telecom-oriented IPC stack

,----[ Quote ]
| A year later than expected, Enea has released an open source Linux version of
| its flagship IPC (interprocess communication) stack. The GPL/BSD-licensed
| Linx stack could allow for tighter control- and data-plane integration in
| mobile phones and telecom infrastructure equipment combining Linux with
| Enea's OSE/OSEck RTOS (real-time operating system).

Enea: enhanced middleware supports multiple Linux flavors

,----[ Quote ]
| Enea announced version 2.0 of its Element high-availability
| middleware. Optimized for distributed network infrastructure
| applications spanning multiple processors and operating systems,
| Element 2.0 is now available for MontaVista Carrier Grade Linux, Red
| Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora Core and CentOS. Element 2.0 also works
| out of the box with Kontron?s XL8000 AdvancedTCA system and provides
| standard interfaces for AdvancedTCA and SA Forum's Hardware
| Platform Interface.
`----

http://www.embedded-control-europe.com/prodnews?cat=1&pid=9819

Enea Announces Version 2.0 of Element High-Availability Middleware

,----[ Quote ]
| Enea has announced version 2.0 of its Element high-availability
| middleware. Optimized for distributed network infrastructure
| applications spanning multiple processors and operating systems,
| Element 2.0 is now available for MontaVista Carrier Grade Linux, Red
| Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora Core and CentOS (Community ENTerprise
| Operating System).
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Embedded/Enea_Announces_Version_20_of_Element_HighAvailability_Middleware
http://tinyurl.com/f9s5m