[News] [Rival] Microsoft Refuses to Help with Serious Vista Bugs

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Refuses to Help with Serious Vista Bugs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 14:46:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista 'resume' bug plagues laptop users

,----[ Quote ]
| To date, Microsoft has not offered a clear, consistent explanation of the
| problem(s) behind the troubling laptop behavior. When asked about the
| situation, Microsoft representatives told me that they had no information to
| share at this time. Until they do, users are left to experiment with one of
| the word-of-mouth solutions proposed in various blog postings.
`----

http://windowssecrets.com/2007/07/26/01-Vista-resume-bug-plagues-laptop-users

Vista? http://www.flickr.com/photos/10855097@N03/982396984/

Related:

Vista sends 49,693 page print job to printer

,----[ Quote ]
| Well obviously I didn't intend for this to happen. I chose file->print
| inside Firefox 2.0.0.1 running on Vista Enterprise. I just assumed
| it printed the one page I requested, but when I went to the printer
| in the next room, I discovered it was spewing out pages with nothing
| but the header and footer from Firefox. Great work, Microsoft. Or
| maybe it is Firefox's fault? Who the hell knows.
`----

http://www.hinerman.net/blog/?p=63

Vista Bug re-appears

,----[ Quote ]
| Nice... minus one million, three hundred eight thousand, two
| hundred fifty nine bytes... how is that any where near or
| mathematically altered to 2.11 MB?
`----

http://jadeallen.com/toms/index.asp?DoAction=ReadDay&ID=359

Windows Vista's Hideous Wakeup Support

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing we just can't wrap our mind about is the terrible,
| broken, and completely pitiful support for waking Vista up from
| a Deep Sleep or hibernation.' Any time you attempt to wake Vista
| up from Hibernation or "Deep Sleep" (S3-induced sleep mode), it
| dies. It's either a BSOD, or a driver error, or a broken network,
| no DWM, lack of sound... the list goes on, and on. So much for an
| operating system to "power" the future! (No pun intended!) That's
| with properly-signed drivers and no buggy software on
| multiple PCs...
`----

http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/299

TI won't rush into Microsoft Vista readily

,----[ Quote ]
| Corporate American, no, make that corporate everywhere is treating Vista
| like a dead animal found in the woods, they will poke it with a stick,
| but there is no way they will take it home. Take TI for instance, it
| is not going to touch the wonder OS for another two years or so.

Installing A PS/2 Mouse Turns Off Firewall, Huh!

,----[ Quote ]
| I plugged in the PS/2 mouse, rebooted the PC and on restart XP found the
| PS/2 mouse and suggested rebooting again, which I did. When it restarted
| the Microsoft Firewall had been switched off. How do I know, because it
| told me I had no firewall.
`----

http://crunchysoftware.wordpress.com/2006/12/09/ps2-mouse-turns-off-firewall/

Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 Sucks!

,----[ Quote ]
| I know Microsoft's release of IE 7.0 is in beta, but I still didn't
| expect it to be such a big piece of crap and cause hours of misery.
|
| [...]
|
| What Microsoft hoped would help it win back Firefox "switchers" has
| done nothing but add one more to their growing ranks.
`----

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2006/02/microsoft-ie-70-sucks.html

Just One Question For Vista: Does It Simply Work -- Like An Apple?

,----[ Quote ]
| Jim Allchin responds over on his blog regarding a recent news report
| quoting him as saying that he would have bought a Mac if he weren't
| working for Microsoft in an email to Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates.
|
| [...]
|
| So the challenge for Microsoft, and in some ways to an even larger
| extent Allchin himself personally, is to ship Vista in a state that
| is as bug free as the Mac.
|
| Vista is Allchin's final legacy at Microsoft. After a long successful
| career this is his last hurah and in order to be successful it simply
| must be perfect.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061213/22341_id.html?.v=1

Life with Vista - Is this dogfood really for the dogs?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm an absolute freak when it comes to .NET technologies. My blog
| is called the ".NET Addict", so it should be pretty obvious that
| the day Vista's RTM build came out, I downloaded it and installed
| it on every Vista-capable machine I had in my possession. I've
| been using Vista for several weeks now and I've come to a couple
| of conclusions that I think might startle and shock some of you.
`----

http://dotnetaddict.dotnetdevelopersjournal.com/vista_dogfood.htm

He claims RTM is in the state of a beta.

Vista Breaks Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| The big secret at Redmond is that existing applications and new
| products will not work with Vista.
|
| Microsoft really doesn't want you to know this, but many of your
| existing applications won't work with Vista. In fact, some brand
| new products won't work with Vista.

Vista... Don't Try to Copy and Paste

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista gave me the following when trying to copy a
| file:
|
| Error 0x800705AD. Ohh, well of course... I should have known error
| 0x800705AD means the user tried to COPY AND PASTE. Are you shitting
| me?! Insufficient quota? WTF are you talking about Vista. First
| let's check that I have enough disk space:
|
| Ok, now by my calculations 413 MBs < 22.8 GBs. I can normally
| figure out almost any computer related problem.
`----

http://buckwheats.wordpress.com/2006/12/12/vista%e2%80%a6-don%e2%80%99t-try-to-copy-and-paste-o/

Vista: Behind the scenes

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the glitches were already known. Many were things that have
| already been fixed, and a few were too new and need investigating.
| None appeared to be a show-stopper.
`----                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6133491.html

Analysts: Microsoft Changes Meaning Of 'Release Candidate'

,----[ Quote ]
| Two industry watchers say Microsoft is corrupting the term, leading to
| major confusion among customers and others about whether the operating
| system is truly ready to evaluate.
|
| Two analysts Thursday accused Microsoft Corp. of changing the meaning
| of "release candidate" by pushing out a version of Windows Vista that
| still needs major work.
|
| [...]
|
| Joe Wilcox, an analyst with JupiterResearch, said that Microsoft's
| corrupted the term.
`---

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=192700055&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News