Re: [News] [Rival] Bill Gates Deeps Dumping MSFT Shares

On 2007-08-01, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:32:03 -0500, AB wrote:
>
>> On 2007-08-01, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>> Microsoft's Gates Sells 1M Shares
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070731/microsoft_insider_transactions.html?.v=1
>>>
>>> It has only been a few days since the latest large dump.
>>
>> The others haven't been fishy. Maybe this one isn't. But something
>> smells bad about it.
>>
>> I wonder how long it'll take for MS to fall to penny status if he keeps
>> this up and the investors (aka "marks") get wind of it.
>
> "The sale represents about 0.2 percent of Gates' stake in the company."
>
> Yeah, he's really dumping his stock already.  at this rate, it'll only take
> about 5 years to dump all his stock, and that's if he doesn't acquire more
> (which he most certainly will).

>> It has only been a few days since the latest large dump.

Maybe he's speeding things up. Maybe he isn't. Time will tell.

> 1 million down, 888 million to go.
>
> Actualy, according to the sec, he's sold 12 million shares in the month of
> july, 20 million in may,  and 20 million in feb.  So, 52 million this year,
> and he's still got 889 million shares.  chances are, het gets about 100
> million shares a year in options or more.
>
> in fact, this has come up several times before in this group.  in 2002, it
> was claimed that gates was dumping his stock, but he only hat 650,000
> shares then.  That means, despite the roughl 100 million shares of stock
> gates sells a year (which he's been doing for many years), he's still
> gained more than 200,000 shares in 5 years.

Except the pace of sales today may be faster than they were in 2002.
That seems to be the implication.

Frabkly I don't know. I don't run around sniffing behind the crook like
many of the Winzealots do. But if he *is* selling off more often than
he was previously, it can't be viewed as a good sign, no matter the
spin.

--
You appear to be suffering from Clue Deficiency
Disorder.