Re: x-force® 2006 trend statistics ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Wednesday 01 August 2007 14:51 : \____

> "The top three vulnerable vendors in 2006 were Microsoft, Oracle and Apple"
>
> http://www.iss.net/documents/whitepapers/X_Force_Exec_Brief.pdf

This aligns with something that I posted here last year, but I don't know if
it's the same study. Oracle, Apple and Microsoft always lead the chart. Linux
(the kernel at the least) is apparently the most secure.

How secure are Linux, Window and Mac OS?

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall it looks like the Linux kernel turns out to be the most
| secure system. Not only does it have virtually no security holes
| that lead to system access, it's also very resilient to remote
| attacks, two areas where both Windows and Mac OS X aren't doing
| very well.
`----

http://www.masuran.org/node/29

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Community is code, code is community
 17:20:02 up 45 days, 22:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.87, 0.80, 1.06