[News] DInformationWeek Reviews Linux

Linux Vs. Mac: Which Is The Better Alternative To Microsoft Windows?

,----[ Quote ]
| Which is the better OS? Only you can decide --but you'll make a more informed
| decision after you've taken this tour, and you'll discover you have some
| companions on your journey.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201002048&pgno=1&queryText=

Reviewed by a newbie who still learns, but quite positive overall.

My Custom Linux Distribution Chooser

,----[ Quote ]
| I argued that the total number of distributions that you need to consider are
| actually fairly small, and that it probably wouldn't be too tough to create a
| road map or chooser. Here's my first attempt at doing exactly that.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/07/my_custom_linux.html%3Bjsessionid=DZV4NDXEHEINKQSNDLQSKICCJUNN2JVN?fromrss=1

Related:

Misleading InformationWeek GPLv3 article

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus's position is clear. He's repeatedly said that he'd use GPLv3 in
| certain situations if there was a practical advantage, but he prefers v2 over
| v3. That's fine. I prefer v3, but v2 is still a great licence.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/misleading_informationweek_gplv3_article

InformationWeek Declares SCO v. IBM Over and IBM Won. Huh?

,----[ Quote ]