Re: The Secret Plan Behind Microsoft's Open Source Embrace-to-Destroy Strategy

In article <1185940442.836763.314460@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx says...
> On Jul 31, 11:20 pm, flyer <fl...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <2892030.eNKTZjC...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> >

> > > Microsoft's open-source strategy coming into focus
> >
> > > ,----[ Quote ]
> > > `----
> >
> > >http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=87947&src=site-marq
> >
> > > Related:
> >
> > > Uh Oh. Another Smooth Move from Microsoft: Watch out, Ruby. Watch out OSI.
> >
> > > ,----[ Quote ]

> > > `----
> >
> > >http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070730120109643
> >
> > Wow. Straight talk.
> >
> > American companies backed Hitler, yet many refuse to face up to that
> > *fact*.
>
> In this scenario, I liken people like Kevin Carmony to Nazi funder
> Prescott Bush. By taking the patent deal, Linspire and Xandros and
> Novell are funding a Linux holocaust. And this clearly is a holocaust.

Scambags though they are, it seems many are rejecting them.

Linux is perhaps like a whole network of revolutionaries, hiding in every
crack, taking potshots at the Redmond Monkey Farm and also at all thoes
creeps backing them.

Selling their souls works for a little while, but then Mr Kharma comes
around looking for a balance to all the crimes. Hopefully by the time
they see the light, they'll already be off the cliff and heading toward
the chasm.

Looks like there are decent and well funded people going full tilt with
Linux and not even looking back.

This is an *interesting* war.