[News] [Rival] Apple Gains UNIX 03 Certification, Microsoft Trapped in the Past

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Gains UNIX 03 Certification, Microsoft Trapped in the Past
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 03:33:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Leopard gets UNIX 03 certification

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's Apple's Open Group brand certificate, which entitles Apple to use the
| UNIX brand. I suggest printing this on high rag content paper,
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2007/07/leopard_gets_un.html

The Microsoft albatross

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows, while still wildly popular and a reliable workhorse the majority of
| the time, is outdated and in definite need of overhauling. And while I
| compliment Microsoft on trying its best to change Windows with the release of
| Vista, it's too late. Almost everyone can see where the industry is headed
| and yet Ballmer and the rest of the Microsoft executives continue to harp on
| the next release of its albatross. Cruise control may have worked for the
| company for the past decade, but kicking it into high gear is its only
| salvation.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9752329-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

Related:

Microsoft keeps quiet on Vista figures

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has declined to confirm statistics from its chief operating officer
| on the number of copies of Windows Vista it has sold, throwing into confusion
| how successful the operating system has been.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39288312,00.htm?r=2

Businesses having second thoughts about Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Fewer businesses are now planning to move to Windows Vista than seven months
| ago, according to a survey by patch management vendor PatchLink Corp., while
| more said they will either stick with the Windows they have, or turn to Linux
| or Mac OS X.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9028478

Software Assurance Storm Warning